- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced chicken (including neck meat and liver)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 4 tablespoons flour, mixed with enough water to make a paste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Let the chicken broth reach a boiling point in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the chicken and stir flour paste gradually into the boiling mixture until thickened to the consistency desired, adding more or less flour paste as needed. Add pepper, pimento and eggs. Stir.
This is delicious over cornbread dressing or toast and can also be made using turkey.